polymeric emulsifiers, and Noveon®
polycarbophil have been used extensively in semisolid and gel commercial applications for over fifty years. These excipients provide critical product attributes, including:
- Tailored rheology modification and viscosity control
- Ideal aesthetics and feel, for the creation of non-greasy creams, exceptionally clear gels, and other optimal semisolid formulations
- Highly efficient thickening capabilities and gel formation at low usage levels in aqueous, hydroalchoholic, and anhydrous systems
- Stable and consistent drug dispersion in semisolid emulsions and suspensions
- Mucoadhesion properties to improve the bioavailability of active ingredients
- Compatible with acidic, basic and neutral drugs
- Thermal stability, which allows for versatility in final product sterilization
LLS Health also offer a wide array of additional inactive ingredients for semisolids, such as humectants, emollients, emulsifiers, and surfactant thickeners that are featured on the FDA’s Inactive Ingredient Database (IID).
Our excipients are manufactured under GMPs in ISO:9001 certified facilities, have established DMFs, and have been extensively tested for biocompatibility and safety.
All LLS Health products and services are supported by a knowledgeable Technical Solutions
staff and technical centers around the world dedicated to aiding our clients.
Our CDMO Division
provides a suite of services and novel technologies for topical drug delivery. We provide excellence in execution and have the infrastructure and capabilities to explore numerous transdermal formats while offering a low-risk pathway to clinic for even the most complex products.