Solutions and suspensions are increasingly prevalent in pharmaceuticals, across a wide array of dosage forms. However, maintaining active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) distribution in liquids while retaining other properties, such as the desired viscosity, can be a challenge with these formulations. Selecting optimal pharmaceutical excipients and an experienced and comprehensive development and manufacturing partner is essential to your success.
polymers and Noveon®
polycarbophil are ideal for achieving the desired properties of your pharmaceutical solution or pharmaceutical suspension. These excipients have been successfully used in numerous commercial products for topical
, oral liquid
, and transdermal
applications. We partner with our customers, offering processing and formulation support to expedite your product to market.
Benefits of our polymers include:
- Highly efficient rheology modification at low usage levels
- Ideal flowability for sprayed, pumped, spread, and poured formulations
- High yield value and efficient microgel formation allows, providing stable, robust suspensions
- Bioavailability enhancement via excellent mucoadhesive properties
- Taste masking for increased patient compliance in oral liquid applications
- Temperature resistance with minimal effect on viscosity
Our excipients are manufactured under GMPs in ISO:9001 certified facilities, have established DMFs, and have been extensively tested for biocompatibility and safety.
All LLS Health products and services are supported by a knowledgeable Technical Solutions
staff and technical centers around the world dedicated to aiding our clients.
Our CDMO Division
provides a suite of services and novel technologies for solutions and suspensions across any dosage form, both sterile and non-sterile. We provide excellence in execution and have the infrastructure and capabilities to explore numerous topical and mucosal formats while offering a low-risk pathway to clinic for even the most complex products.