In response to formulator demand for more versatile ingredients, we developed Carbopol® Style 2.0 polymer, a breakthrough two-in-one rheology modifier with style-boosting properties.
Developed for styling and temporary hair color applications with a dosage level from 0.5% to 2.0%, it provides brilliant clarity and smooth texture to formulations, with an exceptional dispersion profile and broad pigment compatibility.
Carbopol® Style 2.0 polymer has a smooth, glossy appearance, especially at high concentrations, and is the best non-benzene polymer for a smooth texture. Its market-leading clarity, broad pigment compatibility and good electrolyte tolerance combine to deliver unique value.
It eliminates the need for fixatives in light- to medium-hold styling formulations. It’s also compatible across a broad range of formulations, including PVP and fixatives for extreme-hold products. In fact, it has an additive effect when combined with PVP.
The benefits of Carbopol® Style 2.0 polymer extend to sustainability as well:
- It is cold processed.
- It is an ultra-easy solution to disperse, which uses less energy and provides efficient processing and times savings.
- It is not polymerized in benzene or methylene chloride.
- Its manufacturing process addresses 10 of the 12 Principles of Green Chemistry.
- It is not considered a microplastic in end-use products.
- Life Cycle Analysis results are available under NDA customer agreement, including carbon and water footprint data.
In total, Carbopol® Style 2.0 polymer has the best combination of performance properties: clarity, texture and stiffness, with a viscosity that is more than sufficient in most hair gels. Our team developed a number of formulations using the polymer. Among them:
- Natural Hold Styling Gel S-G0078(EU): Natural look and soft hold with only Carbopol® Style 2.0 polymer at a low-level concentration
- Structured Styling Gel S-G0079(EU): Structured texture and medium hold with a high concentration of pure Carbopol® Style 2.0 polymer
- Crushed Ice Hair Gel S-G0077(AP): Unique crushed ice texture with a combination of Carbopol® Style 2.0 polymer with Fixate™ G-100 PR polymer and Novethix™ L-10 polymer
To learn more about Carbopol® Style 2.0 polymer or to request a sample, please contact us.