At Lubrizol, diversity and inclusion is not a program. It is a mindset and a strategy that drive a high-performing culture and propel business growth. Together, we believe that embracing diversity, inclusion and a global mindset is key to our success and the success of our clients.
Every Lubrizol employee is an important part of our sustainable diversity and inclusion efforts. Our ability to increase sustainable diversity and inclusion across the globe rests on three pillars:
- Owned by the Organization – Owned by the organization means everyone in our workplace has a shared accountability to drive toward a more inclusive work environment. Lubrizol offers a wide variety of opportunities for employees to become a part of Lubrizol’s D&I efforts, including:
- Global D&I Council: A group of senior leaders that partners throughout the organization to consult and lead progress toward creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Inclusion Advocates: Employees embedded into the business who represent and serve our divisions at a local level by leveraging tools, information and educational content to facilitate critical discussions and coach others with a focus on accelerating our success.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): Employee-driven organizations that raise awareness and greater connectedness, these groups are a crucial part of our inclusion strategy because they provide diverse insights and encourage all employees to be a spokesperson for diversity issues that are not necessarily their own. Our ERGs create a powerful voice by uniting different diversity dimensions for greater employee engagement.
- Measured to Track Success – Secondly, “results matter” is a cornerstone of our culture. We must be able to track our progress, which means being transparent about our goals and how we achieve them. We have established diversity goals including:
- Gender: Increase the percentage of women in senior leadership roles to 46% by 2023, which would represent a 39% increase compared with 2019.
- Black/African-American: Increase the representation of Black/African-American employees at all levels of the organization and triple the percentage of Black leaders in the U.S. to 9% by 2025, which would represent a 6% increase compared with 2019.
- Regional Leadership: Increase geographical diversity and representation of senior leaders to 45% by 2025, which would represent an 18% increase compared with 2019.
- Embedded into Systems and Processes – To be successful in these goals, we must embed diversity and inclusion into our systems and processes. In order to do so, in the short term, we are reviewing all of our processes such as:
- Inclusive Leadership Workshops: In 2020, we hosted inclusive leadership workshops for every Lubrizol manager globally. The workshops were designed to help eliminate unconscious bias and enable additional action plans to build more inclusive teams. The workshops continue as needed.
- Diversity Recruiting Plan: In support of our goals, Talent Acquisition has implemented a robust plan focused on attracting a diverse applicant pool in partnership with our leadership team globally.
- Expand D&I Learning Opportunities for All Employees: Talent Management in conjunction with D&I is creating and offering a wide variety of opportunities for all employees to expand their D&I knowledge.
These efforts are just a few examples of our commitment to building sustainable diversity and inclusion on a global scale. To learn more, visit here: Lubrizol Diversity and Inclusion Strategy.