November 1, 2016
The Lubrizol Corporation's CPVC Piping Systems business has updated its FBC™ System Compatible Program with the several updates to the Approved Products and Other Chemical Compatibility Topics Lists.
Approved Products List
New Product Category:
- Frost Proof GL48 (J. C. Whitlam Manufacturing Company - www.jcwhitlam.com)
- FMT Pipe System Plus Thread Cutting Oil (Fastenal - www.fastenal.com)
- Biotherm 100 (BioFireshield - www.biofireshield.com)
- Biotherm 100 Self Leveling (BioFireshield - www.biofireshield.com)
- Self Seal GG-266 (Nuco, Inc. - www.sealantcentre.com)
- Self Seal GG-200 (Nuco, Inc. - www.sealantcentre.com)
- Self Seal GL-100 (Nuco, Inc. - www.sealantcentre.com)
- Metacaulk 835+ CG (Rectorseal - www.rectorseal.com)
- Metacaulk 835+ Self Leveling (Rectorseal - www.rectorseal.com)
- Smoke and Acoustic Sealant Spray (Rectorseal - www.rectorseal.com)
- Smoke and Acoustic Sealant Caulk (Rectorseal - www.rectorseal.com)
FireStop Cast-In Device
- CP 680-PX (Hilti - www.us.hilti.com)*
*This product replaces CP 680-N, which has been removed from the Program
- Hydroflame PRO Series Sleeving Systems (Holdrite - www.holdrite.com)
- Self Seal SSC (Nuco, Inc. - www.sealantcentre.com)
- Self Seal SSR (Nuco, Inc. - www.sealantcentre.com)
- FireBand (Nuco, Inc. - www.sealantcentre.com)
- CPVC-Code Arrows-On-A-Roll (Seton - www.seton.com)
- CPVC-Code Non-Potable Water Pipe Markers (Seton - www.seaton.com)
- CPVC-Code Pipe Markers (Seton - www.seaton.com)
Additionally, BioFireshield has elected to remove the Biostop® Pipe Collar from the Program.
Other Chemical Compatibility Topics
- Cementitious or gypsum-based fireproofing material is not incompatible with CPVC.
Hangers and Straps
- Plastic hangers and straps made of 100% polypropylene, polyethylene or nylon may be used.
- Most metal hangers and straps designed for metal pipe are likely suitable for use. Hangers and straps should not have rough or sharp edges that come in contact with the pipe. Hangers and straps with a flexible coating or pads may contain incompatible plasticizers and are not preferred. Also see section titled "Rubber & Flexible Materials Containing Plasticizers".
- See pipe manufacturer's installation instructions for proper use of hangers and straps.
The following language has been added to the Insulation category:
- Paper Faced Batt, Unfaced Batt and Fill insulation made of Fiberglass, Glass Mineral Wool, Mineral Fiber, Stone Wool, Silica Aerogel and Cellulose may come into contact with CPVC.
- Fiberglass Duct insulation with aluminum, paper, metalized polyester and polypropylene facing may come into contact with CPVC.
These products have been independently tested and shown to be compatible with Lubrizol's FlowGuard Gold® Pipe & Fittings, BlazeMaster® Fire Sprinkler Systems and Corzan® Industrial Systems. For more information about these new products, visit the company websites listed above. For more information about these or other products within the FBC System Compatible Program, visit the online FBC System Compatible website at: www.fbcsystemcompatible.com
THE LUBRIZOL FBC™ SYSTEM COMPATIBLE PROGRAM
Products qualify for the program by undergoing testing that demonstrates the product is compatible with FlowGuard Gold Pipe & Fittings, BlazeMaster Fire Sprinkler Systems and Corzan Industrial Systems.
Manufacturers of the program's products are committed to maintaining necessary product quality and agree not to change the chemical composition of the product without advance written notice. If there is a change in the chemical composition, manufacturers must re-submit their products in order to be included in the FBC System Compatible Program. Manufacturers must also submit their products to periodic testing to ensure the products remain chemically compatible. Because CPVC products are made with base resins having different molecular weights and varying chlorine contents and compound additives, the FBC System Compatible Program can verify chemical compatibility of products made with Lubrizol's FlowGuard, BlazeMaster and Corzan compounds with the ancillary products tested and added to the Lubrizol FBC™ System Compatible Program.
Products in the program display the FBC System Compatible mark on their labels. This mark quickly notifies installers that the product is chemically compatible with FlowGuard, BlazeMaster and Corzan CPVC products. The FBC System Compatible Program is in active use in the United States, Canada, Mexico, 25 European countries, the United Arab Emirates, India and China.
FlowGuard Gold, BlazeMaster and Corzan are registered trademarks of The Lubrizol Corporation.