At Lubrizol, the communities where we work and live have long been valued stakeholders in the sustainability of our organization. In 1952, Lubrizol established The Lubrizol Foundation (Foundation), which provides financial support to nonprofit organizations and charities in our local home communities.
Global Goals/Local Actions
Grants from the Foundation contribute to Lubrizol’s Global Goals/Local Actions strategy to improve at least 2,028,000 lives by 2028, the year Lubrizol turns 100. We intend to meet our Global Goal by donating at least $20,280,000 by 2028 to qualified organizations that align with our Corporate Community Engagement Priorities.
All grant applicants must be:
- a currently qualified, tax exempt, nonprofit organization under 501(C)(3) and listed as such in the current published list of the Internal Revenue Service; and
- located in and primarily serving the community where a Lubrizol facility is located; and
- willing and able to fulfill the Foundation’s Reporting Requirements
Lubrizol’s Corporate Community Engagement Priorities
Grants will be awarded to organizations with a mission that is consistent with Lubrizol's Corporate Community Engagement Priorities, which are to improve lives and also align with the United Nations Strategic Development Goals (UN SDG) through:
- Good Health and Well-Being – aligned with UN SDG 3
- Quality Education – aligned with UN SDG 4
- Protecting, preserving and enriching the natural environment – aligned with:
- UN SDG 13 – Climate Change
- UN SDG 14 –Life under Water
- UN SDG 15 –Life on Land
Prospective grantees must provide:
- Completed grant application
- Cover letter from the Executive Director or Development Director, summarizing the purpose of the request and how it aligns with Lubrizol’s Community Engagement Priorities
- List of current board members or trustees
- Copy of a tax exemption letter from the IRS or equivalent proof of 501(C)(3) status
- Most recent audited financial statement
Organizations that have been denied a grant will not be reconsidered for 12 months from the date of the denial.
Applications may be mailed to:
Andrea Vullo, Community Investment Manager
The Lubrizol Foundation
29400 Lakeland Blvd.
Wickliffe, OH 44092-2298
Organizations may also apply online. First-time applicants at the website must create an account and have a valid Tax ID number to begin the process.
A key component of the Foundation’s grant program is understanding the effectiveness of the initiatives its grants help to fund. We are committed to making change and having a positive impact in our communities. For this reason, the Foundation requests all grantees to submit a Post-Grant Report one year after receiving funding.
A Post-Grant Report should include the following::
- Director’s Comment: a short, candid statement by the Executive Director of the organization of the strategic impact of the grant and qualitative results of the project completed. Information on lessons learned, including unexpected outcomes or insights, is helpful as well
- Post Grant Summary
- outline the quantitative results of the grant against the goals stated in the original application
- description of actual spending of the grant funds
- a statement of the number of lives improved by the project or service and a description of how that number was calculated
- Supporting Documentation: a comparison of the actual project costs vs. the original budget and most recent audited financial statement for the organization
Should project completion not be achieved one year after funding, a Project Update Letter should be submitted, then upon project completion, a Post-Grant Report is required. Failure to timely provide a Post Grant Report or Project Update Letter will negatively impact any future funding.
The Foundation does not support:
- Political organizations
- Religious organizations
- Fundraising dinners, galas, parties or sports-related events (golf outings, runs or walks)
- Endowment building or debt reduction drives
- Any organization or program that discriminates (in written policy or in practice) against any person or group on the basis of:
- Political affiliation
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Religious belief