Kelco-Care™ diutan gum
INCI Name: Sphingomonas ferment extract
Kelco-Care™ diutan gum is a water-soluble biopolymer produced by fermentation designed specifically for use in cosmetics and other personal-care applications. Kelco-Care™ diutan gum has exceptionally good thermal stability, is compatible with high levels of alcohol and polyols, and is readily biodegradable.
Kelco-Care™ diutan gum products are manufactured by CP Kelco U.S., INC. Kelco-Care™ is a trademark of CP Kelco and is used under license.
- Can impart fiber protection and split ends repair
- Effective across a broad pH range, allowing formulation flexibility
- Is not degraded by cellulase/amylase enzymes
- Light skin feel
- Provides long-term viscosity and system stability over a broad temperature range enabling product consistency over time for consumers
- Provides 'no-drip' rheology to hair color formulations
- Provides silky and conditioned sensory to the hair
- Shear-thinning rheology for smooth flow in hair and skin products
- Very efficient viscosity builder at lower total solids
- Rheology Modifier
- Suspending Agent