Social media is saturated with beauty content, from elaborate makeup applications to the best ways to take care of your skin. Among all the noise, we wanted to know what younger consumers were really looking for, so we asked a group of young Gen Z and millennial women – what are your biggest areas of concern? And this is what they told us.
- We want to prevent wrinkles that may appear in the future.
- We want to smooth out the skin roughness under the eyes and minimize “crow’s feet.”
- We want to maintain youthful, firm and smooth skin.
At Lubrizol Life Science, we sought to develop a new Argireline® peptide that can be formulated into the products these younger consumers are using most and has been proven to target their specific skin concerns.
For more than 20 years, skin care products that contain Argireline® peptide have been the go-to products for consumers looking to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines on their skin. Now for the first time, Argireline® YOUth peptide can be specifically formulated into oil-based formulations – transparent serums, makeup, oils, and sticks. We tested this ingredient in products most used by younger consumers in their daily skin routines and here’s what we found:
- Minimized appearance of expression lines, without compromising the smile expression.
- Shorter and less visible wrinkles around the eyes.
- Smoother skin around the eyes and in the nasolabial and forehead regions.
- Minimized appearance of “tech neck” lines.
We even developed a proprietary Deep Learning technology to measure the efficacy of these products. Volunteers were asked to smile according to the satisfaction of their skin after treatment and using SmiLearning™ smile rating technology, we could objectively quantify their level of happiness. With the active ingredient treatment, volunteers registered a 22% bigger smile, compared to placebo.
LLS Beauty is shifting the way the beauty industry develops its products. We are committed to offering consumers innovative solutions that are both effective and convenient.
To learn more about Argireline® YOUth peptide, visit Argireline® YOUth peptide.