A new generation of nature-based formulations must be founded on more than good intentions and vague promises. That’s why Lubrizol Life Science – Beauty (LLS Beauty) built its Eco-Conscious Beauty formulations on the following five pillars of sustainable beauty:
- Nature-based ingredients – More than just using ingredients from nature, this requires supply chain transparency to ensure they are ethically and responsibly sourced.
- Minimalistic labels – Shorter, simpler ingredient labels to let consumers feel more confident about what’s in the product and what isn’t.
- Biodegradability – Consumers want to know what happens with the product after it goes down the drain. Substantiated claims of biodegradation and non-ecotoxicity reassure consumers that they can use wash-off products with confidence.
- Responsible formulations – Developing formulations that require less energy and raw materials and that generate less waste during production is an efficient way for customers to reduce their environmental footprint.
- Fair trade and social impact – Sustainability is not only about ingredients and their environmental impact. It also requires considering the influence of our activities on humankind. Ensuring fair and ethical working conditions as well as empowering disadvantaged communities allows a sustainable supply chain and creates a positive social impact.
The Eco-Conscious Beauty portfolio, which includes a wide range of products for skin care, hair care and skin cleansing, is made possible by LLS-Beauty’s expertise in formulating and its extensive library of active ingredients.
To learn more about the Conscious Beauty collection, click here.