CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Improving lives in communities where Lubrizol employees live and work has been a core value of the company since its founding 93 years ago. In the last year, that work and its impact was felt in even more poignant ways as the company responded to the real-time, pressing needs of our communities. In 2021 and beyond, we pledge to provide greater exposure to this critical work, which also provides exposure to deserving partner organizations and those they serve.
2021 First Quarter Impact
During the first three months of the year, Lubrizol employees contributed more than 400 virtual and in-person volunteer hours to support our neighbors and our local communities, as well as providing impactful contributions. This included:
• Personal Protective Equipment: Lubrizol Mexico collaborated with the Socially Responsible Company Committee over the last several months to donate PPE as a way to help with the global shortage of supplies in the fight against COVID-19. Lubrizol donations for frontline health professionals and hospitals included 1,750 pieces of PPE, 75 gallons of hand sanitizer and 300 bottles of lotion.
• Handwashing for Children: The Lubrizol China team-initiated support for Handwashing for Children, a program targeted to help children in less developed areas improve personal hygiene habits and health conditions by providing donations. Future plans include installing handwashing stations and supporting education for teachers, parents and kids.
• True2U Mentoring Program: Local Northeast Ohio Lubrizol Employees volunteered and mentored eighth grade students in the Cleveland Metropolitan School District through the True2U Mentoring Program. The program is designed to help students develop good decision-making skills and encourages them to leverage their strengths and interests as they start out on their paths to high school, college, and/or career choices.
• Mental Health Support: Staff at Lubrizol’s Derbyshire, UK, office joined forces with colleagues across the country to take on an Olympic-sized challenge to swim, run and race almost 6,000 miles, the distance between the UK and Japan. This challenge helped raise awareness and money for the mental health charity, MIND.
• Breakthrough Bash: Lubrizol’s Information Solutions employees supported Cleveland-based Breakthrough Schools in their annual fundraising event, Breakthrough Bash. The team collaborated with Breakthrough to plan and produce their first ever virtual live fundraising event, allowing over 4,000 viewers to virtually attend.
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, leverages its unmatched science to unlock immense possibilities at the molecular level, driving sustainable and measurable results to help the world Move Cleaner, Create Smarter and Live Better. Founded in 1928, Lubrizol owns and operates more than 100 manufacturing facilities, sales and technical offices around the world and has approximately 8,800 employees. For more information, visit www.Lubrizol.com.
News Categories: <a href=/Newscenter/News-and-Insights?category=Corporate>Corporate</a>
Cody Adams, Senior Public Relations Manager, Global Communications