SilSense® DW-18 Silicone
Dimethicone PEG-7 Isostearate
SilSense® DW-18 silicone is a dimethicone copolyol ester and is formed through the esterification of isostearic acid with dimethicone copolyol.
SilSense DW-18 silicone is a water-dispersible liquid wax ester created by the reaction of isostearic acid with an alkyloxy-modified polydimethylsiloxane. SilSense DW-18 silicone is an easy to formulate product which may be used to impart the conditioning benefits of silicone to personal care products without contributing to greasiness or build-up that is normally associated with water-insoluble silicone fluids.
- Nonionic water dispersible
- Surfactant properties
- Co-emulsifier for oil-in-water emulsions
- Reduces tack
- Improves slip
- Useful in clear systems
- Can stabilize emulsions
- Reduces emulsion particle size
- Adds emolliency and conditioning to emulsion systems
- Improves application properties of skin care products
- Improves spreading and coverage of products