Sensomer™ CT-400 Polymer
Cassia Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride
Sensomer™ CT-400 polymer is a naturally derived, multifunctional polymer for use in hair care formulations providing improved deposition, distinctive sensory and enhanced conditioning. When used in shampoos, Sensomer CT-400 polymer deposits silicone more efficiently and conditions hair more effectively than standard cationic conditioning polymers. The improved efficiency of the polymer allows formulators to reduce the amount of silicone and cationic polymer needed to produce formulations that generate smooth, silky, healthy looking hair that is alluring to the eye and to the touch.
Sensomer CT-400 polymer is a cationic derivative of cassia gum, a galactomannan with a long history of use in Ayurvedic medicine to treat skin ailments, indigestion and pain.
- Very efficient silicone deposition aid
- Good surfactant compatibility* to generate formulations with medium clarity
- Generates high levels of coacervation
- Highly substantive polymer
- Enhances comb properties of hair in both the wet and dry stage
- Generates clean and fresh wet sensory
- Leaves dry hair feeling soft and conditioned
- Effective frizz control to leave hair looking smooth and silky
- Enhances viscosity of anionic surfactant-based formulations
- Enhances foam richness to generate a long lasting creamy foam in surfactant-based formulations
- Versatility to provide enhanced conditioning for a wide variety of hair types
- Conditioning shampoos*
- Hair treatments
- Smoothing shampoos*
- Body washes*
- Hair conditioners
- Facial cleansers*
* Due to the high charge density of these naturally derived polymers, best results are obtained where surfactant concentration is >12%. See TDS-776 for processing guidelines.