Novemer™ EC-2 Polymer
Sodium Acrylates/ Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Crosspolymer (and) Hydrogenated Polydecene (and) Lauryl Glucoside
Novemer™ EC-2 polymer is a multifunctional easy-to-use synthetic polymer based on acrylate chemistry used to thicken, emulsify, co-emulsify, stabilize, and suspend a variety of oil phase components.
Novemer EC-2 polymer offers improved electrolyte compatibility, efficiency, and ease of use in both hot and cold process formulations to develop new and innovative products with elegant sensorial properties.
Key Benefits of Novemer EC-2 polymer:
- Multifunctional: Effectively stabilizes emulsions providing excellent thickening and suspension properties
- High efficiency in the presence of difficult-to-thicken electrolytes and actives at pH 5.5-11
- Functions as a primary emulsifier
- Synergistic thickening and electrolyte compatibility with Carbopol® polymers
- Delivers an elegant sensory (spreading, cascading effect, nice afterfeel)
- Easy-to-use liquid pre-neutralized polymer
- Excellent shear stability
- Simple and versatile addition at any stage, hot or cold processing
Novemer EC-2 polymer is supplied at ~20 wt% total solids. Recommended use levels for emulsion systems
is 1 – 6 wt% as supplied.