Glucate™ SS Emulsifier
Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate
Glucate™ SS and Glucamate™ SSE-20 emulsifiers are unique, vegetable-derived, nonionic emulsifiers that work well together or individually.
Glucate SS emulsifier has water-in-oil (w/o) emulsifying activity, and Glucamate SSE-20 emulsifier is an oil-in-water (o/w) emulsifier.
Used together, they form a complementary pair offering safety and performance advantages over more conventional emulsifiers.
With extremely low eye irritation scores, these ingredients are perfect for creams, lotions and make-ups used near the eye. The pair contributes significantly to emulsion viscosity, lowering the formulator's dependence on other viscosity enhancers. Even more important, they can rebuild viscosity lost in mixing, pumping and filling operations.
Key Benefits of Glucate SS Emulsifier:
- When used with Glucamate SSE-20 emulsifier, it provides long-term shelf life and viscosity stability
- Primary water-in-oil emulsifier/auxiliary emulsifier for all systems
- Generates and stabilizes viscosity
- Good performance in molded sticks
- Supplemental stabilizer for multiple phase make-up products
- Improves lather texture in soap bars
- Provides a smooth, lubricious, non-greasy feel
- Moisturizing lotions
- Liquid make-ups
- Molded sticks
- Eye creams
- Soap bars
- Baby, body and bath oils
Tender skin deserves special care. Naturally derived Glucamate™ Thickeners and Emulsifiers and Glucate™ Emulsifiers provide exceptional mildness for eyes and skin. Click here to learn more.