Carbopol® Ultrez 30 Polymer
This newest rheology modifier in the family of Carbopol® polymers offers good electrolyte tolerance, high thickening performance in a broad pH range, and a rich, distinct sensory in challenging skin care formulations.
Carbopol® Ultrez 30 polymer allows the formulator to achieve desired rheological and aesthetic properties in the presence of electrolytes or the acidic actives required for today’s consumer products. This crosslinked acrylic acid homopolymer provides a solution for formulating skin care products with low to medium viscosities. Its improved electrolyte tolerance and broad pH compatibility makes it ideal for formulating products with botanical extracts or water-soluble salts, as well as acidic actives or ingredients such as alpha hydroxy acids, salicylic acid or organic acid preservatives at a pH range as low as 4.0 - 4.5. It’s all possible with Carbopol Ultrez 30 polymer.
Key Benefits of Carbopol Ultrez 30 polymer
- Meets today’s formulating trends by offering excellent rheology and suspension in challenging skin care systems containing either acidic or electrolytic ingredients.
- Thickens over a broad pH range (pH 4.0-12.0), enabling potential applications with ingredients active at low or high pH.
- Electrolyte tolerant at higher polymer levels, allowing for the creation of formulations with pleasant aesthetics in systems containing electrolytes.
- Thickens efficiently at low levels (0.1-0.2 wt%) in electrolyte-free systems, making it a good candidate for formulating simple chassis.
- Offers a pleasant sensorial experience with its rich, creamy sensory and high clarity in gels, encouraging repeat use and leading to increased consumer brand loyalty.
- Easy to use, enabling efficient handling and manufacturing.
- Facial lotions and creams and gels
- Body lotions, creams and gels
- Systems with organic acid preservatives
- Sun care