Acrylic acid/acrylamidomethyl propane sulfonic acid copolymer
CG4500 polymer is an easy-to-use, low viscosity liquid product that acts as a hard water salt stabilizer and anti-redeposition agent in clarifying shampoos. Excellent when used in demineralizing treatments to lift and remove hard water and heavy metal salts from the hair prior to color treatment. It also has shown good performance in relaxer formulations.
- Hair Care Products
- Lifts hard water minerals from the hair.
- Effective for iron salts.
- Useful in cleansing pretreatments prior to hair coloring.
- Useful in preventing discoloration of hair after swimming.
- Hair Relaxer Formulations
- Provides excellent stability in relaxer formulations.
- Adding CG4500 polymer to relaxer formulations results in relaxed hair that has up to 50% improvement in tensile strength.
- Leaves hair easier to comb and detangle after treatment.
- Suitable for use in high pH formulations.
- Suggested starting concentration 1.0% as product.