The Lubrizol Foundation
The mission of The Lubrizol Foundation is to complement and support the interests, values and vision of The Lubrizol Corporation by awarding financial support to educational institutions and charitable organizations in communities primarily within the United States where Lubrizol operates major facilities.
Policies and Objectives
The Lubrizol Foundation, established in 1952, recognizes employee’s volunteer activities and supports our corporate interests and values. The Foundation’s activities are directed by a Board of Trustees which determines its policies and objectives, elects its officers and appoints the members of its committees. The Foundation has four committees: Executive, Gift, Investment and Scholarship.
The Lubrizol Foundation makes grants in support of education, health care, human services, civic, cultural, youth and environmental activities of a tax-exempt, charitable nature. Priority is given to the greater Cleveland, Ohio and Houston, Texas areas. In addition to these activities, The Foundation administers The Lubrizol Matching Gift Program and Community Connection, an employee volunteer recognition program.
Written applications of established nonprofit charitable organizations will be considered on a case by case basis. Grants are not made for religious or political purposes, to individuals nor, generally, to endowments.
Grant proposals should include the following:
- A cover letter that summarizes the purpose of the request, signed by the executive officer of the organization or development office
- A narrative of specific information related to the subject of the request
- Current audited financial statements and a specific project budget, if applicable
- Documentation of the organization’s Federal tax-exempt status, e.g., a copy of the 501(c)(3) determination letter
- Additional descriptive literature (e.g., an annual report, brochures, etc.) that accurately characterizes the overall activities of the organization is appreciated. Upon review, further information may be requested including an interview and site visit
The Lubrizol Foundation typically reviews and decides upon requests quarterly. There are no deadlines by which you need to submit your proposal. Proposals may be submitted via postal mail or e-mail, but not by fax.
Applicants will receive written notification of the decision on their proposal. An organization whose request has been declined will not be reconsidered for 12 months. Applicants are welcome to contact The Foundation office for further clarification of the foregoing requirements.
Grant applications should be mailed to:
Karen Lerchbacher, Administrator
The Lubrizol Foundation
29400 Lakeland Blvd.
Wickliffe, OH 44092-2298
Tel: +1 440-347-1797