Five Years of Building Bonds
Lubrizol believes that the communities where we do business grant us the right to be there, and it is therefore our local responsibility to ensure that we give back. Lubrizol has long-standing commitments to those communities and believes that enhancing the qualities of life and maintaining positive relationships are the right things to do.
Active community support began with our founders. We continue their work by providing dollars, materials and people to various educational, cultural and charitable organizations. This includes many charitable outreach efforts where employees apply their individual skills as they assist local organizations.
Every day our employees prove that they care about their surrounding communities by freely giving their time and expertise. The focus is on organizations that ensure healthy, vibrant communities. In addition to benefitting communities, these volunteer efforts strengthen our employees by defining future leaders and giving employees a sense of pride in where they work. Recent Lubrizol community projects include:
Building Bonds helped five organizations
- Northeast Ohio Lubrizol employees assist non-profits in Greater Cleveland
- 2012 marked the sixth year of Lubrizol’s Building Bonds program
- Took place June 14, 2012 and supported: Fairhill Partners, Hospice of the Western Reserve, Coaches Corner, Extended Housing, Lucy Idol Center, Regina Health Center. All in all, 337 volunteers participated.
United Way campaign raised more than $1 million for second consecutive year
- Every year, U.S. Lubrizol facilities support their local United Way organizations
- The 2012 campaign set a record at Lubrizol
- The Lubrizol Foundation matched employee donations and the corporation provided additional support
Ongoing support for schools
- Tutoring programs, where Lubrizol employees help elementary students improve reading skills (Read Dakota's story)
- The Lake County Science Teacher Award honors teachers who make a difference in science education.
- Projects held through the year support school districts in Lubrizol communities
- Tutoring programs, where Lubrizol employees help elementary students improve reading skills
- Teacher sponsorship programs, where Lubrizol sponsors teachers to attend professional development conferences
- Facility tours, where Lubrizol hosts local teachers at a Lubrizol facility to learn about us and discuss our sustainable business practices
- Various student-focused programs, where area students visit a Lubrizol facility and explore chemistry and global business operations
Disaster relief programs
- Conducted in times of need
- When a catastrophe occurs, Lubrizol employees step up and donate
- Example: support for those affected by the Japanese earthquake and tsunami
- Lubrizol matches global employee donations toward disaster relief