The FBC™ System Compatible Program
Eliminate the Guesswork Associated with Chemical Compatibility
CPVC piping systems have been chosen for more than 50 years. Ideally suited for use in new construction, re-piping and repair projects within domestic plumbing, and industrial and fire sprinkler piping, CPVC products are unsurpassed in their corrosion resistance and ease of installation.
In order for CPVC piping systems to achieve peak performance, they must be properly matched with complementary construction products like thread sealants, leak detectors and firestops, among others. Lubrizol understands the complex dilemma and possible legal ramifications a mismatch can create for contractors and manufacturers alike.
To ease the burden associated with researching and selecting accompanying construction products, Lubrizol developed the FBC™ System Compatible Program . This unique and invaluable resource tests and monitors ancillary products to ensure their chemical compatibility with Lubrizol’s FlowGuard Gold®, BlazeMaster®, and Corzan® CPVC piping systems.
To qualify for inclusion in the FBC System Compatible Program, the manufacturer of auxiliary construction products must agree to:
- Submit their products for testing by a third-party lab.
- Not alter the tested formulation.
- Have their manufacturing facility audited annually by the third-party lab.
This means no product in the program will cause the failure of FlowGuard Gold, BlazeMaster, and Corzan piping systems as a result of incompatibility.
The FBC System Compatible Program is the only known program of its kind serving the industry with active use in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, 25 European countries, the United Arab Emirates, India and China.
The primary goal of the FBC System Compatible Program is to enhance customer confidence by eliminating the guesswork associated with chemical compatibility. To streamline the selection process, all products in the program display an FBC System Compatible mark on their label. This mark quickly and accurately assures installers of a product’s chemical compatibility. And once this mark has been applied, no changes can be made to the formulation of the product without advance written notice and retesting.
It is important to note, however, that all CPVC products are not identical. In particular, different CPVC products contain base resins with various molecular weights, as well as differing chlorine contents and compound additives. As a consequence of these diverging characteristics, the FBC System Compatible Program can only help determine chemical compatibility with the aforementioned Lubrizol brands.
How to Determine Chemical Compatibility
- Is the product recommended? Review the FBC™ System Compatible Product Finder. These products have been tested by a third party, are monitored on an ongoing basis to ensure compatibility, and have been determined to be compatible with FlowGuard®, BlazeMaster® and Corzan® CPVC.
- Is the product NOT recommended? Review Incompatible Products. This list contains products that have been determined to be incompatible with FlowGuard, BlazeMaster and Corzan CPVC.
- Are there general recommendations concerning the type of product? Review other Chemical Compatibility Concerns. This list provides information about the chemical compatibility of CPVC with various materials.
- When no recommendations are found: Contact the product manufacturer for more information on chemical compatibility with FlowGuard, BlazeMaster and Corzan CPVC.
The FBC™ System Compatible Program tests and monitors ancillary products to help determine whether a product is chemically compatible with Lubrizol’s FlowGuard Gold®, BlazeMaster®, and Corzan® CPVC piping systems. Other manufacturers and/or brands of CPVC piping have not been tested as part of the FBC™ System Compatible Program. The FBC™ System Compatible program is, therefore, only applicable to the chemical compatibility of ancillary products with the brands of FlowGuard Gold, BlazeMaster, and Corzan CPVC piping systems. This is because every brand of CPVC piping is made up of unique compounds, some of which may contain resins with different molecular weights and varying chlorine content. These characteristics directly impact the performance of the resulting product. Similarly, various CPVC products contain different performance additives. This too affects the performance characteristics of the ancillary product. For these reasons, Lubrizol bears no liability for any failures occurring as a result of using products in the FBC System Compatible Program with CPVC products other than FlowGuard Gold, BlazeMaster, and Corzan.