BIM Offerings for Lubrizol Plumbing Systems
Lubrizol now makes it easier than ever to increase productivity in building design and construction. Our complete plumbing industry solutions, including FlowGuard Gold® pipe and fittings and Corzan® pipe and fittings are now available in Building Information Modeling (BIM) software. BIM’s real-time, 3D modeling software allows plumbing engineers and architects to:
- Detect and prevent design conflicts
- Quickly create multiple designs to compare and identify the best value-engineered solution
- Create detailed outputs for accurate cost estimates
- Lower costs by reducing on-site errors and delays
- Communicate clearly with non-technical investors and design makers
Lubrizol’s new BIM objects can be downloaded into active design sessions using Autodesk® Revit® and AutoCAD® software:
- Autodesk® Seek, a web-based search engine for BIM objects and specifications for use in Revit, AutoCAD, Maya® and other CAD applications. Lubrizol’s BIM objects can be directly accessed from within the Autodesk® Revit® program. FlowGuard Gold and Corzan systems are the only non-metallic pipe and fitting options available in Autodesk Revit that meet the requirements for both hot and cold potable water established by national model codes.
- McGraw-Hill Sweets™, a web-based platform for construction products that lists products, product information and BIM objects, including those for FlowGuard Gold and Corzan systems.
Have additional questions about using BIM models or need to contact a piping system specialist? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our support page.